This release, two years in the making, was inspired partly by 'la petit mort' – the little death, achieved by one's own hands or by the hands of others (as four hands please better than two). It continues in the O.R.E. tradition of opulent depravity and decadent beauty as an unrestrained aural and aesthetic opus to the drives of man, sealed with apocalyptic kisses.
The music is in the ever-evolving sound of O.R.E., seductive and somber – this time possibly with a more "pop" orientation, which makes the songs all the more poignant. Lush guitars, pounding percussion, humming organs and pianos, church choirs, subtle moans and female vocals by muse and mistress Rose-Marie Larsen, and the added new element of a softly throbbing drum machine. All these elements combine to create this evocative, ravenous soundtrack. And yet above all hovers the most dominant element – the stern and yet alluring voice of the visionary behind O.R.E., Tomas Pettersson, singing, speaking, inviting us to come with him.
This album is filled with melancholy for what has been lost and for what will never be, mixed with wanton visceral visions of carnal love and hate, joy and grief. Tinged with subtle black humor, like a movie by Tinto Brass put into a musical score – and there's even a song in Italian. All the dreamlike masturbatory images in the album artwork are derived from the lustrous and willing ranks of the Army of Roses and Equilibrium, and yet this is not mere porn or cheap erotica, but divine and infernal eroticism unrestrained. A fire of unhinged desire kindled to a raging flame that ignites and consumes, and that in the end, we are consumed by – the fire of life. Sexual magic made manifest, or merely dandy decadence for the an erotic eschatology? Or both? You decide.
And be that as it may, in the end, this will leave you on the floor to plead and beg for more.
The standard edition of this release comes in a 4-panel digipak with a 28 page booklet.
01. Glory to Thee, my Beloved Masturbator
02. (Remember) What You Sow is What You Reap
03. Can You Hear the Devils Laughing? (Or Is It Just Me)
04. The Love and Defiance of Being Alive
05. Let Me Show You, All the Secrets of the Torture Garden
06. Too late for Innocence, too late for Regret (Four Hands Please Better Than Two)
07. Forgive Me, I Am Not Satan; I Am Mary Just Like You
08. C U M, and Let Me Lead You Far Astray
09. Amore Rosso, Amore Marrone, Amore Nero (Il Waltzer del Lupo Mannaro)
10. I W I L L; Even After the Flowers Are Gone
11. Confessions of a Sinflower
Cold Meat Industry
19th Jan 2009
The box set edition of this release is limited to 2000 copies.
Limited CD+DVD Box Set
Glory to Thee, my Beloved Mast**bator